I have been on the hunt for the perfect pancake recipe ever since I went vegan. Most vegan pancake recipes are way too complicated. BUT, I found a pretty simple one, adjusted it and tried it enough times so that I trust the recipe. And I’m gonna share it with you!
What you’ll need:
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups unsweetened plain soy milk/almond milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for serving (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup dark choc chips (some dark choc chips have milk in them despite being dark so make sure you check!)
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Add in the soy or almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until smooth
- Heat a pan over a low-medium heat with soy butter or oil
- Add 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan and flip when bubbles appear on the surface
- Serve with maple syrup, coconut yoghurt or whatever you like!
Tip: don’t add too much pancake mixture to the pan, they rise and if they are too thick they won’t cook in the middle.
Let me know how you go, I know a lot of you loved the banana bread recipe I put up a couple of weeks ago so I hope you enjoy this one!
Love, Lyd x