Cleaning your makeup brushes regularly is SO important not only to make sure your makeup goes on smoothly, but also to avoid breakouts, skin irritation and eye infections (gross!). I use my makeup brushes every day, so I attempt to clean them once a week.
To clean mine, I use Sard Wonder Soap! It’s actually meant to be a gentle stain remover in bar form, but it has added eucalyptus which leaves my brushes soft and sanitized!
To wash your brushes..
1. Run warm water in a sink (I prefer to use running water than a bowl, to keep it fresh!)
2. Wet brush head
3. Swirl the damp bristles over the bar of Sard Wonder Soap creating a foam
4. Run the brush head under warm water and rinse the soap off
5. Repeat until the water runs clear
6. Using a clean, dry towel, swirl the brush head over the towel lightly in circular motions (this makes sure the brush stays fluffy)
7. Spray tea tree spray over brushes
8. Lay brushes flat until the bristles are completely dry
9. To re-fluff bristles: buff the dry brush head over a clean towel
Remember: clean the pot that holds the brushes as bacteria can grow in there too!